Lehman's Orchard LLC :: U-Pick
All of our 2016 fruit crops look great and we are looking forward to a busy fruit season! Please call ahead for current crop updates. 269-683-9078, or check our facebook account. Thank you for all of your support of our u-pick crops. See you at the orchard in 2016. ****Updated July 11, 2016. *****
Approximate u-pick dates:
Strawberry u-pick expected to start June 8, 2016. Price will be $1.25 per pound. Finished for 2016, thank you.
Sweet Cherry u-pick is finished for the year 2016Finished for 2016, thank you.
Raspberry u-pick of reds, blacks and goldens will start mid June with picking available all summer into fall. Price is $3.99 per pound.
Currant u-pick We are picking red and black currants. Price is $3.99 per pound. Finished for 2016. Thank you.
Blackberry U-pick will start July 9 and last most of the summer and fall. Price is $3.99 per pound
Tart Cherry u-pick starts Thursday, June 30, nice crop! Price is $1.60 per pound includes pitting. Finished for 2016..
Blueberry u-pick starts Thursday, June 30, nice crop!.. Price is $2.25 per pound. Finished for 2016. Thank you..
Peach u-pick will start Mid July and last into September. Price will be 1.25 per pound Now picking fall peaches including coralstar, autumnstar, and elberta. .
Mostly Honeycrisp and other Apple u-pick will start early September. Price is $1.50 per pound for honeycrisp and 1.25 per pound for other in season apples. Upick of honeycrisp starts Sept. 1 and will last most of September. Also picking mcintosh and zestar.
Pear u-pick will start late August and we have 6 varieties of pears through the fall. Now picking bartlett pears.
*Open Monday-Saturday 9pm through 5 pm, Sunday 12-5. See you Soon. Michigan time.
*Plan your time for picking all the berries you would like, AND to accommodate their packing for transport by the 5PM closing time. Upick hours: Sunday 12pm-5pm--please do not come early on Sunday. Monday-Saturday 9am-5pm. All hours are Eastern time.
Check back for other in season picking information
For those who visit us to enjoy our U-Pick season:
- We provide buckets for picking, but you should bring suitable containers for transporting your fruit home
- After picking, your fruit will be weighed and equipment provided for washing the fruit if you would like
- For tart cherries we also provide free seed removal using our automated pitting machine
- Come prepared for sunny weather (hat, sunscreen, water) or sudden lake effect rain showers
- This is a working orchard so bees are present. Take precautions for those with bee sting allergy
- Early morning pickers will wade through dewy grass so wear appropriate footwear
- Because our trees are dwarf varieties no ladders are necessary or provided
- We have picnic tables on site so bring a lunch and make a day of it
- Because of strict food safety guidelines, no dogs allowed in fields. Thank you.